Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hortobagy

Hortobagy did not have much to offer in the Winter...


looking tired, and still on the trip...



picture by Juliana

It was freeeeeezing outside, and the only thing to see in Hortobagy is... well, the outdoors. The landscapes. The horses running free and all of the fauna that is supposed to be quite unique, specially when it comes to birds. Oh, and horseman...
But we saw almost nothing.
Ok, wait, my mistake, we did see horses...



...but this was the closest we could get! Obviously, we gave up when we buried our feet in that muddy path. (I still haven't washed my boots... but shhhh, don't tell my mom!)



just... hmmm... walking around... trying to warm up the legs...
picture by Juliana


...and this is supposed to be a very unique stone bridge, according to our guide books.





strange strange church...



...and in the restaurant, finally warm! but still looking tired, as you can see by the faint smiles.
The food was quite good, but the restaurant closed at 15h, and we had our train around 17h or 18h, I cannot recall right now. So we went for (yet another) walk in the village... and we saw this little girl with two leashes on her hand... one had a dog, and on the other was a goat! Lol, that must be quite of a unique pet. (at least for me, city girl..)


(i'm sorry for the poor quality of the picture... I had been experimenting in manual mode, and I didn't realise it had a really low exposure setting, when I just pointed and shot a picture as soon as I saw the girl. I kind of tried to save it in Photoshop...)

As soon as the sun vanished from the sky, we decided to wait inside the train station.. which was just a room with heaters all around and a strangely abandoned cashier... we were alone there, when a strange man in a long black jacket entered and sat down. He looked suspicious (poor guy, victim of our fertile imagination, probably) and Anja said that the whole scene was becoming quite like a suspense movie...
a few minutes later, the door opens again...
and comes in a guy with an electric chainsaw on his hand! Lol, now that was way too much, almost like someone was making fun of us. We laughed, of course... but you never know...

Of course, we survived, and we headed to Debrecen one last time, for in the next morning we would have to wake up early to go to Deva (Romenia) by train...

3 comments:

  1. As fotografias estão lindas. Gosto particularmente do campo de trigo (?)com riscas laranja. No entanto palpita-me que não me vai apetecer, nunca, ir à Roménia :)))
    Bjinho

    ReplyDelete