Monday, October 12, 2009

Design Week: the first exhibitions

The Design Week is an event that last for about 10 days.. you basically have more than one exhibition opening each day, and several studios open their doors for people to visit and ask some questions. I was lucky because I didn't have a lot of classes this week...so I really was able to enjoy a lot :) (have I mentioned that my schedule changes every week? it's so time-consuming to make the schedule in InDesign for the whole semester... bah...)



This was the first one I attended.. an exhibition of MOME students from the glass and ceramics department. The university really does a nice work at promoting it's students... and I was amazed at the presentation of the exhibition as well: each student had a huge (really well taken) picture of them with their object, and in front of it there was the object. Very well lit and very stylish (I think I actually admired more the work of the person that designed the exhibition than the works of the students... oops!)



... and here you have one of my favourites: a musical instrument done in ceramics (it had a really nice sound)... unfortunately I forgot to write down the name of the student. Sorry!



In this gorgeous building (the Museum of Applied Arts, also known as the other building of MOME... textile and ceramic students actually attend classes here, I believe!) we were at the Hungarian Design Awards. We were invited by David, one of Anja's flatmate, that actually had his BMW car (concept design of a cool bmw with a seat in the exterior) featured there.



So many people! And all of them actually ate there! (like me) I must say it was a wonderful surprise, to find out we were entitled not only to food, but CATERING food! It had appetizers, several different dishes, deserts, drinks... after that initial surprise a few days ago regarding my expenses here, it's nice to have such a dinner for free ;)




Gravestone, by Maurer-Klimes Ákos, Kucsera Péter, Ivánka Ándrás Rudolf and Ivánka Katalin, and manufactured by Ivanka Beton... such an original idea. the cross is a hole, in this case filled with water from the rain, and those yellow things are leaves... to show that the cross will serve as a bowl to the nature elements... I don't think I had ever seen "grave design".



Corporate Identity Design of a delivery service of tacos. I just found that little frida kahlo so cute! XD
(next time I will post some pictures of the studio of animation I went to..)

2 comments:

  1. Estou a ver que tens muito jeito para jornalismo/reportagem...
    Lucky girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. this Frida Kahlo is just so cute :) nao sei se te lembras de mim, mas estive a falar com o miguel, e ele disse me que te tinha conhecido em budapeste:) como esta a correr?bj*

    ReplyDelete